Keys Wrong on Keyboard

I recently installed a new hard drive and windows xp onto my computer. I let it automatically find the drivers for my keyboard (because i do not have any for it). When I start using it some of the keys are in the wrong place: the pound sign on 3 is in fact a Hash, i cannot have a pound sign without doing insert; symbol,the @ and the " have swapped. I have tried downloading the latest drivers from microsoft (it is a Microsoft internet keyboard) and that hasn't done anything. I can't find any settings for the keys. Please Help

VoG II 21:29 27 Mar 04

Try pressing Shift + ALT together.

If that doesn't work, Control Panel, Keyboard, and Control Panel Regional and Language settings and make sure everything is set to UK settings.

That dosn't work; there is no language settings there. Is there any utility that allows your to change the settings for the keys? all help is greatly appreciated.

Totally-braindead 22:18 27 Mar 04

Don't understand what you're saying, VoG advice is good, the language settings must be there. The only thing I can think is you're looking in the wrong place.
and look for REGIONAL
as VoG says make sure everything is set to UK

llbgeezer 22:27 27 Mar 04

is it a virus? i heard of one some time ago that did something similar... when you say 'new' do you mean brand new like from a store or could it be that the problem was on the drive when it came into your possession?
try an online virus scan like panda for instance

penny 23:05 27 Mar 04

what worked?

james55 23:18 27 Mar 04

penny is right.

You don't have to but it might help others in the same situation how to resolve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…