The @ and " keys

lowky 11:12 02 Dec 03

Hello there again,

This time my problem involves my @ and " keys.

After wiping my hardrive and reinstalling everything these 2 keys seem to have swapped places.

I have tried to change the language from U.S to U.K but that did not seem to be the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Legolas 11:17 02 Dec 03

You have got to change the keyboard set up from US to UK and then reboot for it to take effect.

Diodorus Siculus 11:17 02 Dec 03

You changed the language, but did you change the keyboard? - within the control panel, you need to tell the pc that you are using a UK keyboard.

Diodorus Siculus 11:18 02 Dec 03

Yes, that is what I meant to say... - ;-}

DAG88 11:19 02 Dec 03

its the keyboard settings you need to change. Change it from US to UK. you may have just changed system language and not the keyboard

What windows are you using?

Gongoozler 11:20 02 Dec 03

Hi lowky. Recheck your keyboard language settings in Control Panel, this is the only cause I know of. Sometimes unless you remove the US option, the setting reverts after changing to British.

DieSse 11:49 02 Dec 03

What OS do you have - the procedures are different for XP and 98/ME

TBH1 12:08 02 Dec 03

set your keyboard to English/British (or similar) - -you may need your setup disc for this, - - -ensure you click the "use as default" thingy - -then remove the American jobby though will not remove til you have re-booted. Remember to click the "default" thingy once you have selected the one you want.

DieSse 12:58 02 Dec 03

Assuming it's XP -

Go to Control Panel - Regional & Language Options - Languages - Details - on the Settings screen click Add - then choose the keyboard layout in the Window that pops up.

You can also Remove the US one on the Settings screen.

In XP you won't need the setup CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…