Keypbard will not default to UK

Have just re installed XP pro, chose all options for UK, but keyboard will not play, its using the US characteristics rather than UK - very irritating.

Checked regional options in control panel, it definitatley says UK.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this.

Many thanks

bdub 09:37 24 Jun 06

Try this,Control panel, Language and Regional Settings.

However, before you do that try pressing ALT+SHIFT together - on some systems this toggles between US and UK keyboard settings.

Belatucadrus 10:10 24 Jun 06

Don't forget you also need to go into Regional and Language options / Languages tab, Details button to open the Text services and Input languages window. Check the settings tab and make sure that both the Default input language and Keyboard Installed services are set to English United Kingdom and not US. Unless you need the US keyboard option for some obscure use, you may as well delete it from the list.

pj123 10:37 24 Jun 06

You may also need to go to Control Panel, Keyboard, Language, Add.

Select English (British) from the list. You may be asked for your O/S CD so have it ready.

Once English (British) has been added you can delete the US one.

Many thanks, the keyboard is now UK

charlton200 20:01 12 Dec 06

Yesterday my computer went to a black screen with out of time message on it.
I was unable to turn off as no monitor working.
I retarted the computer back on after a while, It went ok for 5 min then screen went the same.
I rang technical surport would told me to ring the £1 a min line.
Unable to use restore to factory setting as this dosn't work. unable to use system restore as this also dosn't work.
They got me to do a format and reload windows.
After i went through all this i get
the application failed to install properly message comes up every boot.
then i get the black screen again and i can only be on the compuetr for 5 to 10 min before the screen goes off again.
any ideas please.

charlton200 20:02 12 Dec 06

sorry wrong page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…