Keypad recognised but not working

fawr 10:02 18 Jan 11

I am not able to use my Logik Numeric Keypad in Windows 7 64. (I have checked it as working in an XP computer)

The box lists USB and Windows 7 as system requirements.

When connected it appears in Devices and Printers as an Unspecified USB Input Device.

In the USB Input Device Properties it sees it as USB Input Device but details of manufacturer and description are unavailable. It says it is working properly.

Looking in the Hardware Properties it seems to be using one of the Windows drivers and no drivers are required to have been loaded.

I have done the usual unistalling of the USB devices and then plugging them all back in after a restart. Everything else finds the drivers and works. The USBs all seem to function otherwise.

I have not had this before and don't seem able to find a solution that I can understand.

Help would be appreciated.

gengiscant 10:31 18 Jan 11

Yesterday I had to phone Logitech's support as my new mouse,the MX518 was not recognized by Windows at all, I have windows 7 64 bit.They were unable to help, in fact I was told to get in touch with Microsoft as it was a problem with just my version of Windows 7,64 Bit. The mouse worked fine on the XP machine I tried and was assured that it should definitely worked with 64 Bit.

I eventually went into the bios and changed a setting in the USB category to auto and when my PC booted my mouse was seen and driver installed and it now works.
I change the Legacy USB Support to auto.
Worth a try, perhaps.

fawr 11:17 18 Jan 11

gengiscant

Thanks. I had a look in the bios but it only offers enabled/disabled. There is no PS/2 legacy

As you say, worth a try.

The new keypad was to replace a similar Labtec which didn't work for what may turn out to be the same reason. I assumed that it was not Windows 7 compatible and replaced it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…