Keyloggers

seventiesdolly 11:01 09 Jan 06

What is the best program to remove keyloggers?

rawprawn 11:16 09 Jan 06

click here Scroll down and get A² Adaware, Spybot, MS Antispyware and Ewido. Also Spywareblaster which runs in the backgroung.

seventiesdolly 11:19 09 Jan 06

I've got all those, I was just running a A2 check, and momemtarily saw the word 'keylogger' flash up on the list of things it was scanning. As the scan only turned up one tracking cookie I got worried.....

rawprawn 13:43 09 Jan 06

If you only had 1 tracking cookie, you should be pleased not worried!
If you have alll those programs, keep them updated and scan regularly, you are well protected

seventiesdolly 13:47 09 Jan 06

Why would it show the word 'keylogger' though, in the depths of my pc?
(I know I probably sound paranoid, but I had a very nasty incident last year where my old pc was completely hacked into, and my ebay account had thousands of pounds worth of goods put on it. That's why these days I am on red alert for anything even remotely suspect!)

rawprawn 13:51 09 Jan 06

It would show "Keylogger" because that is what it was looking for at the time it flashed up

rawprawn 13:54 09 Jan 06

Sorry I didn't mean to post that, I hit the wrong button. A² doesn't usually show what it is scanning for, could you have been using another program?

seventiesdolly 13:56 09 Jan 06

No, I had nothing else running, just the a2 scan.

rawprawn 14:00 09 Jan 06

Sorry I can't explain that. However just to be on the safe side try Ewido either online or better download and update the free program.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…