keylogger - should I panic?

powertool 10:42 16 Jan 05

My AOL Spyware has just found a keylogger, but since I ran it I have made about 6 credit card transactions. My firewall hasn't alerted my to any programmes trying to access the internet?

Should I cancel my card? Would that be an over-reaction?

Your help,as always, much appreciated.

powertool 10:42 16 Jan 05

sorry - that should read;

"since I last ran it"

ACOLYTE 10:46 16 Jan 05

Can you verify the findings with another source?
another spyware app,and see if this gives the same results,what was the logger called?,it might be a good idea to check your card balance/statment,i dont know about canceling it though others may have more info.

bertiecharlie 11:27 16 Jan 05

If the keylooger is SpyBuddy, it's a false positive. If it is that one, just ignore it and AOL will probably sort it out in a future update.

rmriph 13:46 30 Jul 05

Hi powertool, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem?I have just found a keylogger on my AOL scan,none of the others ie Ad ware ,spyware doc or microsoft antispy detected it

kdt 18:01 30 Jul 05

i also had keylogger on my aol but not on adaware or spybot.is aol having trouble?
kdt

rmriph 09:01 02 Aug 05

Hi Kdt, I sould not worry to much i deleted spyware then run AOL again with a negative result,i think one type of protection is detecting the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…