KEYLOGGER

kool_86 11:14 27 Jan 09

Hi guys and gals, got a bit of a problem here, i am running windows vista and i have suspected my housemate has put a keylogger on my system, i have looked at videos on youtube and have gotten nowhere, whenever i type anti-keylogger into a search engine, it just closes the page down.This is driving me crazy please help, thanks

tullie 11:20 27 Jan 09

Have you run your antivirus and malware applications?

kool_86 11:28 27 Jan 09

i have yes and its picked nothing up, i have also looked at task manager to see the processes/services running and still have no idea, i am pretty certain there is something on here,my friend is very pc elite so it could be anywhere,i have no idea about such things

dogtrack 11:35 27 Jan 09

Run a "rootkit" detector. You can get a free one here:-

click here

Give it a try...then you can sleep at night.

AndySD 11:35 27 Jan 09

You could try using Microsofts Rootkit Revealer click here but the results can show false positives. Tou may need to post the results for others to look at.

birdface 11:38 27 Jan 09

Task Manager.If nothing running System Idle Process should be showing about 97% this is normal.Is there anything else using up a lot of the CPU.

kool_86 11:45 27 Jan 09

ahhhhh i don't know what its doing, it says unable to install RootKitRevealer service: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

AndySD 11:55 27 Jan 09

If you are in vista right click on it and run as administrator

kool_86 12:00 27 Jan 09

i tried that it also said the same thing.I sometimes wish i was an IT expert lol

AndySD 12:44 27 Jan 09

Try using the one sugested by dogtrack above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac