Keychains and NAS drives

Cris2k 23:49 PM 01 Dec 11

Hi, i have just been thinking of purchasing a Network Associated Storage Drive for my home, to stick files for myself and other family members to access when they want to, I then thought of security. I have a Keychain for a popular mmorpg game and was wondering if i could use one like it as a security measure for the drive, i intend to buy an internet security program but as we all know they aren't 100% safe. Is i possible to have a keychain connect to the drive, with the pin changing every 2 minutes or so?

Forum Editor 10:33 AM 03 Dec 11

"Is i possible to have a keychain connect to the drive, with the pin changing every 2 minutes or so?"

I'm not quite sure why you would want to have that level of security on a device that simply stores family files. Would it not be far simpler to just password-protect the files? No security measure is 100% effective, but a decent alpha-numeric password that doesn't contain a dictionary word would take a very long time to break, and in any case nobody is going to be trying that on your home NAS drive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites