keyboard/mouse wake up

charles60 23:39 21 Oct 10

just one more thing I wish to ask my computer now goes to sleep fine even on timer .What i would like is if it is possable when I move my wireless mouse or a button on the keyboard it will wake up the pc from its sleep/standby mode. I have looked in device manager it says my keyboard / mouse is in wake up mode but nothing happens. have windows vista and longitech wireless mouse/keyboard. thanks for any help

kristain 08:35 22 Oct 10

You can try this:

Disable the Wake on LAN feature. Essentially, the computer is set to automatically wake up from network traffic, which seems to include pulling out the cable.

To change this setting, type in Device Manager into the start menu search box, and then browse down to “Network Adapters” and find your network adapter. In this case, mine is ”Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet”.

Right-click it and choose Properties from the menu. In the resulting dialog, choose the Power Management tab.

Still facing the problem try to restore your pc & run antivirus program.

click here for help

charles60 10:00 22 Oct 10

Firstly I must apologise if I have not made it clear in my question ( I know my Grammar is not good)and it might make my question not sound right. I Will try and make it clear this time. My computer goes into either standby or sleep mode OK. What I what it to do is when its in either in sleep/standby mode when i press the mouse or,keyboard it then comes out of either sleep or standby mode rather than me going to the power button to get it out of sleep mode. I have gone into Device Manager looked at mouse keyboard power management both boxes are ticked wake up mode but when computer is in sleep/standby and i press mouse keyboard nothing happens i have to go to the power button to bring it out of sleep/ standby.Have done what you said above under Network Adaptors it says under mine "Realtek PCIe CBE Controller" and in power management it is ticked "Allow the computer to turn of the device to save power." I hope this time i have made it clear what i want to do and again I apologise for not making my self clear the first time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now