Keyboard/Mouse Interference

Radico 13:36 20 Nov 05

I have a Belkin wireless kayboard and mouse kit but the mouse churned through batteries so I replaced it with a microsoft wired optical mouse and kept using the keyboard. However, every now and then the mouse plays up, for example sometimes it thinks the left button is the right one, so when I left click it comes up with the options as if I had right clicked, and when I do right click it sorts itself out. Sometimes I will click on things and nothing will happen; to fix this I have to press alt+tab. Sometimes the mouse pointer will jump a few inches across the screen. Is this caused by the keyboard and mouse clashing? If so is there anything I can do other than changing back to a wired keyboard?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Rad

ade.h 19:47 20 Nov 05

Did the Belkin setup use all-in-one software that configured both devices from the same utility?

If so, perhaps the mouse aspect of said software is causing some kind of conflict. MS keyboards and mice have seperate utilities which are optional but allow extra tuning and use of hotkeys, etc.

ade.h 14:05 21 Nov 05

Have you tried a wired keyboard, in case it is actually the mouse or it's driver that is at fault?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…