keyboard won't work.....

SpyMan {:o)){--< 10:49 27 Mar 05

my keyboard won't work properly but there is nothing wrong with keyboard as i have tried another keyboard on my PC and it won't work. The keyboard barely works when i am adjusting the bios...then it refuses to work altogether when i am in windows.

I thought it maybe a fault with windows...so i tried to reformat and reinstall windows...but because the keyboard couldn't work...i couldn't enter the setup.

What could be the problem?

regards

Graham

Stuartli 10:53 27 Mar 05

Is it a wireless type - if so the batteries may need changing.

Otherwise the keyboard itself may have gone on the blink. It happened to me recently with a wireless version (the mouse still works OK) and I'm currently using a standard keyboard until the Lidl or Staples £15-£20 offer for a keyboard/mouse set with an optical mouse gets under way.

SpyMan {:o)){--< 10:56 27 Mar 05

its a ps2 keyboard...

and it works fine on my other computer, but my other keyboard won't work on it so i can only assume that it isn't a keyboard error as such

Gongoozler 11:03 27 Mar 05

If no keyboard works on the computer, the most likely cause is a faulty keyboard interface chip on the motherboard. You haven't told us what motherboard or version of Windows you have, but Windows XP has a on screen virtual keyboard you can try. Start - All Programs - Accessories - Accessibility - On-Screen Keyboard.

Stuartli 11:28 27 Mar 05

IIRC the onboard keyboard is from ME onwards.

Have you checked the keyboard's Properties in Device Manager?

It might be worth disabling it and then reinstalling.

BlueMeanie 22:30 28 Mar 05

Perhaps try or borrow a USB keyboard and see if this works OK, which would eliminate using the PS2 port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…