//some 3rd party need geo

Keyboard Volume Control

Spanglish 19:02 20 Nov 04

I have no control over volume ( either CD DVD or Net ) when using the keyboards volume control even though it scrolls ,stops,pauses,backs etc. and the volume 'bar' is visable when used.
Windows XP ( SP2 ).
All the other shortcuts work!

VoG II 19:06 20 Nov 04

Which keyboard do you have? Did it work before SP2 was installed? You may need to reload the drivers or look for new ones on the manufacturer's website.

Spanglish 19:17 20 Nov 04

I ( now ) have a logitech wireless but prior to this I had a HP ( supplied with the pewter ) which did work at first but then later gave up the ghost (prior to SP2 installation). I had hoped that with the new one it would work, ...but.....

Spanglish 16:04 30 Nov 04

I have installed the latest drivers but ... No it still will not allow me to control the volume, everything else is OK though. Confused I am!

sputnick 16:24 30 Nov 04

Do you have a volume icon on the taskbar and if so does this work.

Spanglish 17:56 30 Nov 04

No that does not work either. vey annoying!

Spanglish 17:56 30 Nov 04

No that does not work either. vey annoying!

Spanglish 13:04 02 Dec 04

bump

ACOLYTE 13:09 02 Dec 04

Can you hear sounds? if not it may be muted somewhere.

Spanglish 16:06 02 Dec 04

Yes I an hear everything as per normal but I have to use the volume control in Media Player,as neither the tray icon or the Keyboard ( though both show the 'slider' ) work

Stuartli 17:53 02 Dec 04

Have you checked the General tab from Control Pan el>Sounds etc?

If you place the Volume icon in the Taskbar you can double click it for the mixer - one or more inputs/outputs may be muted.

Also if your keyboard driver offers a choice of, say, Word and/or browser use, the volume control may not be operative in the Word version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…