Keyboard and USB connection

Ancient Learner 17:12 20 Jan 06

I am using my Laptop whilst away from home, and the key board drives me more potty than normal, as the keys don't always seem to work as they appear to bounce a lot.

So when I spotted an offer in a local Supermarket for a Microsoft one for €6.99 I bought one, never thinking that there would be a problem.

Te instructions say that it should be always connected via a USB connector. Then it says to only use the adaptor provided. Well, no adaptor was provided and the Laptop does not have a PS2 connector.

This could be taken too many ways for comfort if you think about it.

My question is, would it be alright to obtain and adaptor, or would it not work, or even worse cause damage to the Laptop or keyboard.

There is a language problem, in that I can't cope with Portuguese for this sort of stuff, so it is difficult to ask at the counter where they deal with electronic things.

I could always take it back, but - -

Serves me right for not reading the detail on the box where it makes no mention of USB

ade.h 17:15 20 Jan 06

For what it costs, perhaps trying any generic USB to PS2 adapter would be worthwhile.

(I hope it's warmer down in sunny Portugal than it is here...!)

ade.h 17:16 20 Jan 06

PS2 to USB, I mean.

Ancient Learner 18:43 20 Jan 06

I'll give it a try then.

Yes it is. A gorgeous day today, 22degs clear sun all day and even the locals have been in short sleeves, and tghe newly arrive Brits. ( you can recognise 'em,) even less!

Al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced