Keyboard 'uninstalled'

techy gal 14:40 18 Aug 04

I have inadvertently uninstalled the keyboard driver (smart eh!)from within the Control Panel. Please can you tell me how to get it back - will 'roll back driver' help. I'm using a different PC because obviously the other one has no keyboard!!

€dstowe 14:52 18 Aug 04

I assume this is some fancy keyboard with Windows software.

As a tryout:

If your machine is a normal desktop type, you should be able to get a standard PS2 keyboard to work as they are controlled from the BIOS and not Windows. If this works you should then be able to install the Windows drivers for the fancy one.

Sethhaniel 14:57 18 Aug 04

locate sfc.exe probably in windows/system32/
and run (double click)

techy gal 15:23 18 Aug 04

The keyboard was shipped with the PC and I only plugged it in. There was no software with it to install. That's why I'm a bit confused really - I presume there must be some internal driver already present which I have now 'removed'. I am all a bit new to this game really - presumabaly when I switch on the PC I can get into the BIOS from there and look for settings or something?
By the way, the mouse did freeze but a reboot sorted it out.

Old Shep 15:34 18 Aug 04

I am running XP. For no apparant reason my keyboard was not recognised or working a couple of days ago. Mine was also shipped with the computer so nothing special. After a lot of hair pulling I unplugged it - replugged it and restarted the computer. It worked - good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…