keyboard UK/USA

Newuser2 14:32 06 Nov 04

Can anyone tell me if the layout on a UK model keyboard is any differant to that of the same keyboard for the USA market.
The key board in question is the Logitech Internet Navigator SE.
They appear to be cheaper in the US than over here.

Diodorus Siculus 14:38 06 Nov 04

I am not sure, but generally there are differences; the positioning of the # and " keys often differ, but you have the option of telling the machine that it is a UK keyboard or just use the other key.

spuds 17:40 06 Nov 04

These people make special boards for the USA/UK click here

Reference to the pricing structure of the Logitech, this is the usual sore point that we can purchase the same product or similar cheaper from the USA. When shipping and any levies are paid the price is sometimes very little different. Remember also that the warranty provided may have different terms and conditions.

Newuser2 19:28 06 Nov 04

I'll not incur any shipping etc. as I'm going over to the US on holiday over xmas.
As usual what we pay in £'s the US price is $'s so they are a lot cheaper.
I'll do a bit more research.
Thanks for your help.

Diodorus Siculus 19:41 06 Nov 04

Newuser2 - just be careful taking it back home through customs - you could become liable.

Newuser2 19:55 06 Nov 04

Diodorus Siculus. The limit for bringing goods into the UK from the US is from memory £140ish so I'll be OK.
In fact last time I brought a petrol powered leaf blower in. Cost in the US $99 price in UK £200. Rip off Britain or what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…