Keyboard and Touchpad not working on Laptop

lisalab1 10:30 27 May 15

If anyone can help

I have a toshiba Satellite M50-A-11p laptop (windows 8.1) that I brought from John Lewis

I tend to not shut down my laptop and leave it on sleep mode.

All of a sudden once the laptop wakes up when I open it non of the keyboard functions or touchpad works. I press and hold the start button to switch off and switch back on but again I cannot type or move the cursor.

I used a usb mouse which the laptop recongised and used the online keyboard to login in. After that the laptop froze and gave me the light blue screen of death message. Again I switch the laptop off and back on and repeated the login process of using the usb mouse and online keyboard.

I decided to refresh the laptop (with not affecting the files) and the keyboard and touchpad worked till it automatically when into sleep mode after and I had the same problem the touchpad on the keyboard and the keyboard are not working again.

I decided to refresh the laptop completely affecting what is on the laptop and again everything is working till it was asking for updates then once the updates were complete nothing on the keyboard were working again

I don't know whats wrong with it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:48 27 May 15

if you can get into control panel and device manager look to see if there are red or yellow exclamation marks against the touchpad or keyboard.

bumpkin 12:19 27 May 15

It does sound like a software issue but can you tell us how old it is.

lisalab1 20:17 27 May 15

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - I have looked at the device manager and under Keyboard and Mice and other pointing devices (ELAN)and there are no red or yellow exclamation marks. I only have the exclamation marks on other devices

lisalab1 20:21 27 May 15

This laptop is less than 2 years old and I have always maintained updating microsoft when necessary. How can I roll back an update?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:10 27 May 15

right click - properties - driver tab -roll back driver

bumpkin 21:23 27 May 15

or unistal the driver and reboot.

lisalab1 21:32 27 May 15

Unfortunately that option is greyed out. Maybe because I have rebooted the laptop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:37 28 May 15

will be grayed out if there are no older drivers to revert to.

all your M50 A drivers are contained in this driver pack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant