keyboard sounds.

geordielad307 12:15 18 Nov 04

I have XP Home. Please tell mehow I can switch off the bleeps that the keyboard makes at intervals to alert me to various things. Thanks.

Djohn 12:26 18 Nov 04

The only things that your keyboard should be alerting you to is the Caps lock/Num lock and scroll lock key when pressed intentionally or by accident.

If this is what you mean then go to control panel/accessibility options/accessibility options again and under the title "Use toggle keys" remove the tick from the box.

Graham ® 12:46 18 Nov 04

accessibility options, keyboard, in mine, Djohn :-)

geordielad307 16:25 18 Nov 04

I have unticked that box, but still get the beep when I close some web pages. Not all though.
Also when I try to activate some accessories, like Media player, and it tells me to install new drivers or whatever the problem may be, comes the loud beep.

Graham ® 17:20 18 Nov 04

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds, select which events to give an audio sound, clear those you don't.

geordielad307 17:36 18 Nov 04

Guys, thanks for your help, ... really.

This is the current situation in Sounds and Audio Devices:-

Volume :- No Audio Devices.
Sound :- Windows Default.
Audio :- Greyed out.!!
Voice :- Greyed out.!!
H/Ware :- Devices working properly.

??????????????????????????????????????????

Any idea.?

( ps. Windows Media player does not play either. Currently being displayed on another help thread. )

Djohn 17:48 18 Nov 04

That's strange. In mine (XP Pro) its as I posted above. If I go via control panel/Printers and other hardware, then it shows the keyboard Icon but no adjustment for the toggle keys. Shows speed and repeat rate only.

geordielad307. Graham ® has pointed you to the right place and this is where you would normally alter them from. Seeing as they are greyed out, have you checked your sound drivers?

Graham ® 18:16 18 Nov 04

Where are the beeps coming from, the tower or the speakers? Is it the same beep you get at startup?

geordielad307 19:01 18 Nov 04

Sorry guys, I seem to be giving you the run-around. This is a laptop. The sound is a VERY SHARP beep. Cannot use volume control to reduce it.

Graham ® 10:20 19 Nov 04

They could be low or critical battery alarm beeps. Check in Control Panel, Power Options to change or disable, to prove.

geordielad307 15:14 19 Nov 04

HI Graham, battery is OK, plus plugged to mains. LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…