Keyboard slows down after a few days

Sergei 13:55 12 Jan 09

I recently purchased a new keyboard, Microsoft Wireless 6000 v.3, to replace my Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 1.0A. I use Windows Vista Professional. After a few days the keyboard response began to slow down intolerably, until it eventually ground to a halt altogether. Upon plugging the transceiver into a different USB port the problems appeared to have been solved, but then occurred again after a few days, and replugging no longer solved the problem. The batteries are OK, the computer is free from viruses and spyware (according my tools), and I'm not getting this problem with my old keyboard. Any idea anyone?

Technotiger 14:37 12 Jan 09

Possibly a faulty keyboard, perhaps you could try it on another PC. Or complain to shop and ask for a replacement.

Sergei 15:23 12 Jan 09

Thank you. Unfortunately I bought this keyboard in Germany, so I can't return it to the shop (about £70 down the drain!). But I'll certainly try it out on a different computer.

MAT ALAN 15:40 12 Jan 09

The batteries are OK,

Normal or re-chargeable, Rechargeable are fine (for obvious reasons) but fade vary abruptly not like a normal battery which has a more gradual faed in power.
But as Technotiger suggests it may be faulty...

Sergei 17:28 12 Jan 09

It can't be the batteries, because I used fresh ones, and the first thing I did after the fault had started to occur was to change the batteries for another set of fresh ones. I'll have to see how the keyboard behaves under a different computer (which will take a few days to test).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017