keyboard sleep button and power management

DIDO 12:39 04 Nov 03

my computer used to awaken automatically from sleep to the place it was left at. Now the computer restarts from scratch on awakening. Any ideas I use windows 98se and have checked and reset the power management. I have recently installed broadband but cant see any connection

MichelleC 14:07 04 Nov 03

Is your b/b working and is it modem or router?

DIDO 14:54 04 Nov 03

Yes my B/B is working fine via modem but as I said cant see the connection with my sleep fault

MichelleC 15:51 04 Nov 03

Can you righclick icon in network and dialup and check 'show icon in taskbar when connected'?

DIDO 21:45 04 Nov 03

Sorry Michelle I seem to have caused you confusion with a bad choice of words.Everything is OK with B/B. The sleep fault seemed to appear when broadband was installed and I wondered if this as coincidence or not or is anyone aware of another solution to my problem

MichelleC 08:14 05 Nov 03

It was the word 'connection' which threw me ;o)

Maybe a system file's got corrupt. Try running sfc.

keith-236785 08:55 05 Nov 03

when you say you have checked the power management, had it changed?

what are the settings?

are the settings for the power/sleep buttons

shutdown & stand by ?

thats what mine are and my sleep works ok.

one other thing, don't suppose you have installed Norton lately?

only asking cos i have had problems with norton and stand-by.

i know i aint helped much but good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…