Keyboard set up to boot pc problems

jonnytub 12:06 26 Jul 04

Hi all, some of you may remember the other day when my keyboard was playing up and my posts looked like this "keybbooard iiiissss knnnaackkerred", anyway i bought a new wireless one from argos, the labtec wireless keyboard and mouse for £30 quid. My old keyboard was not wireless and was setup to boot the pc when a key was pressed(bios setting). The new keyboard, although works just as well seems to like randomly booting my pc up. I presume this is due to the keyboard and mouse communicating with the receiver and therefore triggering the boot process. I realise there probably isn't a whole lot i can do about this bar removing batteries or ps2 plugs, but i was wondering if anyone had worked out a way around this or suffered similar problems?
P.s. I really don't want to have to put a lead tin round my receiver ;-)

Regards Jonny

jonnytub 11:59 27 Jul 04

on my own on this one then? :-)

jonnytub 16:13 27 Jul 04

bump n run, hopefully there's a response when i get home, i shall probably reside to not using the keyboard boot process. aahh weeelll (he say's with the expression used by puss n boots from shrek 2) :0)

jonnytub 10:26 29 Jul 04

one last ditch attempt at this and i shall reside to leave it in my postings

cga 10:31 29 Jul 04

Whats the cheapest KVM switch you can get? That is the only thing I can think of.

jonnytub 10:34 29 Jul 04

what's a kvm switch ?

Androcles 10:34 29 Jul 04

Have you downloaded this click here
Fresh UI: Free tweaking tool. Configure and optimize your Windows system (Windows XP, 2000, Me, 98, 95, NT).
There is an option in this to tweak your startup.Hope this helps.

jonnytub 10:36 29 Jul 04

will look into it androcles, thanks

cga 10:39 29 Jul 04

Keyboard Video & Mouse switch. Allows using 1 set on two computers (not at the same time :-).

You use this to switch off your mouse and keyboard when not in use by switching then to the other (non-existant) computer. Not very elegant but...

jonnytub 10:41 29 Jul 04

I can't see anything in fresh ui that would stop it from booting :-(, i think i may have to get the soldering iron out !

jonnytub 10:45 29 Jul 04

thanks i will also look into, you say not very elegant but i bet it would be a lot better looking than what i could fashion doing a home made one lol, thanks for quick replies guys.

regards jonny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…