Keyboard question

edenworkshops 16:14 PM 17 Feb 12

I want to get another keyboard for my pc, but I am not sure what to ask for, it does not have a usb connection, rather it has a pale purple plug that fits in a matching socket on the back of the pc.

Could someone tell me what this type of keyboard is called please?

Thank you

birdface 16:28 PM 17 Feb 12

Sounds like you need the PS2 fitting.

birdface 16:33 PM 17 Feb 12

Is it the same fitting as this.

purple for keyboard green for mouse.

Sea Urchin 16:34 PM 17 Feb 12

You could buy a USB to PS/2 adaptor as here

but personally I would forget about the PS/2 connection and just buy a USB keyboard

Ian in Northampton 16:36 PM 17 Feb 12

Buteman is right. You need to ask for a keyboard with a PS2 connector.

edenworkshops 14:11 PM 18 Feb 12

Thank you

PS2 it is.

Case closed.

spuds 17:52 PM 18 Feb 12

I was looking at some 'cheapo' keyboards and some not so cheap the other day. Check the boxes, you might find some come with an adapter provided.

The problem that I have found with some adapter's, is that they don't always work?.

dangerusone 20:58 PM 18 Feb 12

I bought a Medion Wireless Keyboard & Mouse from Aldi a couple of years ago, about £15-00 then. Just popped the USB dongle in the PC and it recognized it straight away. Much more convenient than messing about with wires. No trouble with it, highly satisfied. I think they still have them on sale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…