Keyboard question

edenworkshops 17 Feb 12

Hello

I want to get another keyboard for my pc, but I am not sure what to ask for, it does not have a usb connection, rather it has a pale purple plug that fits in a matching socket on the back of the pc.

Could someone tell me what this type of keyboard is called please?

Thank you

Richard

buteman 17 Feb 12

Sounds like you need the PS2 fitting.

buteman 17 Feb 12

Is it the same fitting as this.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000449.htm

purple for keyboard green for mouse.

Sea Urchin 17 Feb 12

You could buy a USB to PS/2 adaptor as here

Amazon

but personally I would forget about the PS/2 connection and just buy a USB keyboard

Buteman is right. You need to ask for a keyboard with a PS2 connector.

edenworkshops 18 Feb 12

Thank you

PS2 it is.

Case closed.

Richard

spuds 18 Feb 12

I was looking at some 'cheapo' keyboards and some not so cheap the other day. Check the boxes, you might find some come with an adapter provided.

The problem that I have found with some adapter's, is that they don't always work?.

dangerusone 18 Feb 12

I bought a Medion Wireless Keyboard & Mouse from Aldi a couple of years ago, about £15-00 then. Just popped the USB dongle in the PC and it recognized it straight away. Much more convenient than messing about with wires. No trouble with it, highly satisfied. I think they still have them on sale.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message