Keyboard problems

steve263000 17:27 17 Sep 08

I have a wireless keyboard (Microsoft) that does not respond properly. I have changed the batteries but it still takes ages to type a letter. Is it just the case of buy a new keyboard or anyone have any ideas?

Technotiger 17:50 17 Sep 08

I assume it is connected via a USB dongle - is your computer USB2 capable, if your computer only has USB1 then that would make your keyboard work more slowly, because I would suspect that the keyboard is USB2.

sharpamat 18:25 17 Sep 08

Do you have other wireless items in use such as router etc ? or other electrictal items close by. If so this could also be the cause, I had it after connecting an ethernet adaptoe for BT Vision

By moving the receiver for the keyboard closer to the board it solved the problem

steve263000 09:38 18 Sep 08

I have had this keyboard for years without a problem and all of a sudden it has stopped working. However, as I was writing this I had a thought and pressed the connect button a couple of times and then it started to work fine. I will leave it a day or two and if it continues to work I will mark it resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…