Keyboard problems

Bob Bob™ 18:12 19 Dec 04

For some reason when I for example press @ it will come up on the screen ". How do I fix it? I am running on XP home.

VoG II 18:13 19 Dec 04

Control Panel, Regional and Language settings. Make sure everything is set to English (UK).

bremner 18:13 19 Dec 04

You may have the keyboard set to US - where you will find the @ key at shift 2 (I think).

To change you need to go to Control Panel > Regional Settings > Languages

Bob Bob™ 18:16 19 Dec 04

Merry Christmas

braiman 16:52 21 Feb 05

I cannot change the keyboard from english usa to english british i have tried the regional setting that says british but the change language at the keyboard properties will not change I get a message "file kbduk.kbd not found insert disk labelled windows millenim edition" I do this and retry I then get "unknown fault." I have searched microsoft knowledge base but without success can anyone advise please? thanks braiman

Silly Me 18:10 17 Mar 05

I had same problem after reinstalling Windows XP and tried all of the recommended measures but to no avail. BUT BOY I've just succeeded and now have my @ and £ on the correct keys. At bottom right corner of screen there is an EN - right click, and select 'settings'. A dialogue box headed 'Text Services & Input Langagues' will appear. click on "English (United Kingdom), click on 'APPLY', then OK. This has finally worked for me (even my Word is now defaulting to English UK and I didn't have to restart the pc). Jerronimo!!!!!!!!!! OH BOY AM I CHUFFED.

dabthoms 19:18 17 Mar 05

I've got a wireless keyboard, Microsoft Wireless Optical Elite and have it set to English (United Kingdom) the @ key gives ", the hash key gives £ and the " key gives me @. Fortunately the only time I get it wrong is if I'm looking at the keys, all other times I hit the correct ones. It can be vexing at times but I can't alter them.

Silly Me 14:40 18 Mar 05

All my defaults settings were English UK but still I was having problems until i discovered the EN way - why don't you try it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…