Keyboard Problems

BBez 19:04 29 Dec 03

all keyboard input is gibberish or inputting a foreign language since the PC last accessed the internet. Windows 98se and i have checked the language and regional settings, keyboard input, checked config.sys and autoexec.bat files which are setting the keyboard up as British. If i reboot to ms-dos mode, input is still gibberish, also ran a virus scan through it and nothing found...any help greatly appreciated...

johnnyrocker 19:06 29 Dec 03

do you have adaware and spy bot?

johnny.

LeadingMNMs 19:06 29 Dec 03

Try installing a new driver.

BBez 19:15 29 Dec 03

thanks for the suggestion johnnyrocker, ran spybot through it, still the same...

LeadingMNMs, will give it a shot tomorrow...thanks

DieSse 20:28 29 Dec 03

Try a different keyboard - if it's bad in DOS too, it's unlikely to be a software issue.

DAG88 21:03 29 Dec 03

i agree with DieSse. Try it on another computer if you want to be certain. Keyboards are quite cheap anyway if u do need a replacment

BBez 21:34 29 Dec 03

thanks for the suggestion. My mother reckons it was fine when it was last shutdown then my sister accessed the Internet and it wouldn't input text correctly. Will let you know how i get on tomorrow as i have a spare keyboard lying around...

BBez 14:00 30 Dec 03

DieSse, DAG88,

replaced keyboard, working fine again, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…