Keyboard problem - some keys not working

richiesoft 09:18 16 Jun 06

I'm not sure when it started, but some of the keys on my numerical pad on the keyboard have stopped working: '2', '.', '+', '/' and also the down cursor key.

I have a Logitech Internet keboard with 'i-touch' and have tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them which hasn't helped. I have checked throughly for viruses and spyware too.

I know it isn't a major problem but it is really starting too annoy me now!! Anyone else had a similar problem and solved it?

Shortstop 09:23 16 Jun 06

I had a similar problem and sorted it - but only by buying a new keyboard. They are so cheap now:

click here

HTH

Paul

SANTOS7 09:26 16 Jun 06

Have you tried taking the keys off and looking underneath them there may be stuff stuck under them that is not allowing the key to be fully depressed.
Happens a lot when your kids eat biscuits and chew lolly sticks you would be surprised what i have found.
i normally turn keyboard over and use a paint brush to get in between the keys, surprising how much stuff comes out..

spuds 09:50 16 Jun 06

If you decide to clean the keyboard, then use this website click here

Personally, when keyboards start playing up, I purchase a new one from Ebuyer or Maplin's, and usually keep a spare around.

richiesoft 10:20 16 Jun 06

Thanks for all the responses so far. I will give the keyboard a good shake and clean especially around the problem keys. If that fails I will probably try a new keyboard. Didn't realise they were so cheap.

richiesoft 22:45 28 Nov 06

Got a new keyboard and everything now working fine. Thanks

birdface 23:46 28 Nov 06

Nearly all the Mouse and Keyboard problems in the last few weeks, Have mostly all been Logitech brands.And most of the problems have started since IE7 Has been downloaded.

birdface 23:49 28 Nov 06

This is from another thread, You might find something that may help.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…