Keyboard Problem mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RobCharles1981 19:01 05 Mar 07

My Keyboard is the Logitech Media Elite and when I'm
touch typing and for example I'm on the m's next thing I know I get loads of mmmmmmmmmmmmm very anoying what is happening?

Thanks in advance
Rob

SANTOS7 19:05 05 Mar 07

DIRT!!! could well need cleaning i do mine regular
have to say i find the odd jam butty in mine (kids)
While its turned off you could prise the key off to see if it dirty and, what i do, is turn it upside down and useing a 1 inch paint brush sweep inbetween the keys you will be surprised what comes out..

RobCharles1981 19:09 05 Mar 07

Its not just the M key its others as well, from my looking now it seems clean to me.

jack 19:24 05 Mar 07

Keyboards generally follow the same pattern.
If you feel brave enough to turn it over and unscrew the covers and lift the back off leaving the face on the table you will see the circuit board.
Lift it off and under that a silicone rubber sheet with many indentation in the key positions,
lift this off and turn it over- there repose the jam butty remains. a wipe with a damp detergent cloth.
Now inspect the top half of the shell whilst it is up side down and clean up the underside of the keys.
let it all dry
inspect those dodgy contact bumps on the silicone rubber sheet- are they distorted compared to the others?
A gentle massage back to shape.
Now re assemble it
Finally if you have a computer fair near by - keyboard can be picked up for £2/3 or so -best to have a spare.

RobCharles1981 19:29 05 Mar 07

Hi Jack I would be able to do it, but with great difficulty there is a "Hidden" screw in the which I can't get at but thanks for the point!!

RobCharles1981 19:53 05 Mar 07

Any Ideas?

Totally-braindead 19:57 05 Mar 07

Only suggestion I have is go to the keyboard icon in control panel and increase the delay time before it repeats.

RobCharles1981 19:59 05 Mar 07

Thanks Ile give this a go.

Technotiger 20:05 05 Mar 07

Hmmm, I was about to suggest the same as Totally-braindead, but as he has already done it, I shan't bother. LoL ...

jack 08:23 06 Mar 07

A 'Hidden screw' I don't see that[lol] ,but it could be some of the plastic 'edge locks' to the 2 halves ,a thin blade perhaps?
No luck?
So it looks like adjust delay as suggested or new keyboard.

RobCharles1981 15:39 08 Mar 07

It looks like a hidden screw when I tried to take it apart and inspect inside I couldn't get in something was blocking it what option should of change?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…