Keyboard problem

misters 19:35 07 Mar 03

Hi
A friend of mine booted up there pc earlier and there keyboard is not working anybody any ideas.
They run win/98e, standard keyboard that came with pc(Packard Bell),It's hardly been used.
Sorry that is all the info i have at the moment, looking for quick fix.
thanx in advance.

AndyJ 19:51 07 Mar 03

Are there any lights on the keyboard? Any error messages??

Check your connections first. Note that if you unplug the keyboard the computer usually needs to be rebooted. If the keyboard is completely dead try using another keyboard. If that doesn't work, suspect the 5v pin. Unfortunately, it may also eventually trace back to the motherboard

misters 21:21 07 Mar 03

Friend not in at moment so cant ask to try another keyboard, but what i do know is when the pc is rebooted all the light flash then go out, tried putting the caps lock on etc. to see if any the lights came back on but they dont.

fly2hi 18:33 12 Mar 03

just had similar problem with keyboard, but at least I know the cause. Major water leak upstairs rained water all over monitor, keyboard, printer, etc. Fortunately everything else dried out ok, but after dismantling keyboard and drying internal, num lock light came on but no keys worked. I figured that for the price of a new keyboard, I would just count my blessings and not waste time on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…