Keyboard problem

dfb70uk 17:28 11 Mar 11

Increasingly on start up the keyboard does not work and I have to restart to fix it, any ideas anybody?
I am running XP sp3
Dave

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:03 11 Mar 11

Type of keyboard?
PS2
USB
Wireless?

Reload the keyboard drivers?

dfb70uk 12:21 12 Mar 11

Thanks Fruitbat,
I've got a PS2 Keyboard.
Don't remember installing it, isn't Windows supposed to do that?
Can I update driver from Logitech site?
David

birdface 12:52 12 Mar 11

Maybe start the computer with the keyboard unplugged.
Switch the computer off plug in the keyboard again and switch the computer back on and see if that helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 12 Mar 11

Insert the Windows® XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go Start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow …please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows® core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

Once finished, remove the CD and reboot your machine...all should be "Normal" (hopefully)

dfb70uk 17:20 15 Mar 11

Thanks Fruit Bat/\0/\
Will give that a try
Dave
PS tried the Logitech site for a driver but it didn't recognise mine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…