Keyboard problem

Sirpad 10:04 04 Nov 05

I know there are plenty of threads on this subject but I still can't fix this problem.

My keyboard (basic one that came with my Dell) isn't typing what it should...some examples...

When I type uppercase 3 I get # instead of £

When I type uppercase 2 I get @ instead of "

When I type uppercase ‘ I expect @ but get “

Etc etc……

Any help appreciated.

BH34 10:16 04 Nov 05

Control panel, Regional and Language Settings, Set everything to English uk

justme 10:21 04 Nov 05

Do as BH34 says. Somewhere your keyboard is set to the English(US) layout which gives the problems you are experiencing.

pj123 12:23 04 Nov 05

As well as Regional Settings you also need to set the Keyboard, Language settings (in Control Panel) to English (British). You may need your Windows CD so have it ready.

007al 20:54 04 Nov 05

in regional and language details and change to english keybord...or delete us keyboard

Sirpad 09:30 21 Nov 05

Thanks guys (sorry it took so long to get waylaid). I've set everything I could find to English UK settings and am still having the problem. Will contact DELL and see if they can help me (it's a newish machine). In the meantime when I want the £ sign I use Insert Symbol.

DieSse 10:39 21 Nov 05

To get a £ sign a simpler way - Hold down the Alt key and type 0163 on the numeric pad.

To change the keyboard settings

Start - Settings - Control panel - Regional and Language Options - Click the Languages tab - Click the Details button - Click the Add button on the right - Select Input Language as English UK - Select the keyboard laypout as UK - Click OK.

Then click on the US entry shown - and click the Remove button. Click Ok then OK then close the Control Panel.

DieSse 10:41 21 Nov 05

PS - assumes Windows XP - sorry should have said.

Sirpad 15:58 21 Nov 05

Thanks Die$se - [email protected] $eemed to do the tric£....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…