Keyboard Problem

teknikz 12:29 08 Feb 05

i took my hard drive out to put in my rothers pc as my power pack blew.....then when it was replaced i've put my hard drive back in...but the hot keys on my keyboard wont work.

i've re-installed the drivers and even the updates from the logitech site but they still wont work properly. when i press the volume buttons outlook express opens. when i press play the volume goes up.

any suggestions on how to fix this?

xania 12:44 08 Feb 05

Its never a good idea to use a hard disk in a secoind PC, unless the motherboard is the same and all the other attachments are the same. You see, when you boot up, the system will check all your hardware, find its all different and then try to load all the correct new drivers etc - at the same time doing goodness knows what damage to the operating system. You may have been lucky and not noticed the differenvce in your mother's PC, and you may well be even luckier in that this is the only noticeable problem following the swap, but I would still recommend that you scrap your system and reinstall (if XP you might get away with a previous restore point).

Stuartli 13:06 08 Feb 05

If it is a wireless keyboard, if you go to the keyboard's Program Files folder and find the .exe file, by double clicking on it you should get a panel up.

You should be able to choose between a Word keyboard HotKey setup or one to open OE, IE, adjust volume etc.

The name of the file in the case of my wireless keyboard is IkeyMain.exe.

ACOLYTE 13:14 08 Feb 05

What keyboard is it Internet navigator,or media keyboard?I think the latest drivers for Internet keyboard was 2.22, thats what i used to have now i have the media keyboard and the file vesion is
2.14.106 setpoint.I would say check the keyboard
settings but im pretty sure you cant alter the play/volume buttons,my other keyboard used to do this on occasion but not with the keys you mention i took it to bits and cleaned it,worked ok after.

Stuartli 13:43 08 Feb 05

The HotKeys on my Typhoon Navigator keyboard using IKeyMain.exe can be set for a variety of uses including volume +/-, Play, Stop, Previous Track etc through the Customise mode.

There are also Office and Default modes.

teknikz 21:37 08 Feb 05

ive tried deleting all the drivers and everything from the device manager but its still messing about

would re-installing windows sort it?

EdFrench 22:17 08 Feb 05

Re-installing windows:

Possibly - but a bit drastic for a couple of hotkeys.

teknikz 22:22 08 Feb 05

yeah i know but its something that really annoys me for some reasons. eats away at me knowing i cant fix it

Stuartli 12:43 09 Feb 05

Have you actually looked for the keyboard's .exe file?

teknikz 19:56 09 Feb 05

reciever was broken by the looks of things. got a new keyboard anyway.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…