keyboard problem

Trackrat 23:14 21 Dec 03

I have a USB Logitech keyboard which stopped working after a system restore. I checked in Device manager and under properties the device usage box is greyed out, I also found one of the USB human interface devices is the same with the device usage box greyed out.So I uninstalled the keyboard and the human interface device and rebooted but it is still the same, all the others I have checked in device manager in the device usage box say use this device (enable).
Has anybody got any ideas on this.
Regards Alan

Trackrat 23:33 21 Dec 03

bump

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:39 22 Dec 03

I used the little plug that came with mine and stuck it on the ps2 port saved a lot of hassle,you can still install the itouch software with same results.

Regards.

PA28 14:20 22 Dec 03

Have you checked the USB port's OK, rather than the keyboard?

Trackrat 21:06 22 Dec 03

Thanks for your answers I have allready tried another keyboard with a ps2 connector and same thing device usage still greyed out, and i have checked the usb ports and they work ok with other items .
Any more thoughts on this

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:13 22 Dec 03

Mine is greyedout and blank but it still works ok (Internet Navigator keyboard) is it on a usb hub or direct to pc? you could try upgradeing i touch software i220 i thik the latest.

PA28 22:34 22 Dec 03

Make sure that USB keyboard is enabled in the BIOS - there's usually a key (well, there is in mine) which has to be set to recognise a USB board.

Trackrat 22:58 22 Dec 03

It is a USB internet navigator keyboard plugged into the back of the computer, I have downloaded the latest iTouch software and their is no USB keyboard enable in the AMI bios.
Seeing as how yours is greyed out as well I will tick this as resolved and leave it as it is.
Thanks for your replies, have a good christmas. Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…