keyboard problem

musiclady 11:01 31 Oct 03

I can't get the @ sign on my ohter keyboard it's an old connection.Also none of the numbers work either.Has it died on me?

Gongoozler 11:12 31 Oct 03

Hi musiclady. It certainly sounds dead to me. Fortunately keyboards aren't expensive. There is a good range at reasonable prices, have a look at E-Buyer click here, but don't forget to add the poastage!

Belatucadrus 11:27 31 Oct 03

Have you tried tipping it upside down and shaking it ? It may sound daft but keyboards accumulate a load of grot inside if not cleaned out occasionaly, a blast with a compressed air duster may not be a bad idea if you have one.

MjM Hellfire 11:40 31 Oct 03

You can aslo clean a keyboard by letting it lie in soapy water for a while, then dry it off with a cloth and leavy it in an airing cupboard or near a radiator to dry its electronics.

Dont be worried, many people will say NOOOOOOO! but I can assure you it works. What have you got to lose, keyboards can be bought for about ?5 these days, so you might as well give it a go.

I would only do this as a last resort, dont make a habit of dipping expensive keyboards into water.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…