Keyboard problem

Totally-braindead 17:23 16 Aug 03

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide with a strange keyboard problem. I built a second system using an Asus A7N266-VM motherboard and it worked perfectly under Windows XP for about 3 weeks, then for some reason the keyboard stopped working. When you pressed any of the keyboard keys there was a click from the speakers but no letters appeared. I looked at the keyboard info in control panel and even deleted the keyboard forcing windows to reinstall the keyboard drivers, but it didn't work. I eventually cured the problem by using system restore but I would much prefer to know what caused the problem in case it reoccurs so I can repair the problem without having to use system restore again. Anyone seen this problem before?

alan 2273 18:56 16 Aug 03

Is your keyboard a PS OR usb connection

Totally-braindead 19:45 16 Aug 03

Its a PS2 keyboard

alan 2273 21:47 16 Aug 03

I use a USB keyboard and on odd occasions on boot up it was not detected and on speaking to friends I found that it happens occasionally on AS Rock motherboards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…