Keyboard and/or mouse problems

newearwax 09:18 16 May 04

I am running Win 98SE and have standard Kbd and wheel mouse. Because of a number of other disparate problems I did a complete unpartitioning of C:\ recently. Generally all is ok except that on occasions the kbd sticks in the middle of a word and the only way to clear problem seems to be to delete by backspacing and reinputting. Last night at shutdown no ay would clicking on start to bring up shutdown do anything so I had to switch off at box; control/alt/de; was also ine ffective. Help please.

newearwax 18:23 16 May 04

^^

newearwax 18:46 16 May 04

Since writing I found through system file checker (that I got to trmrmber from another article on helproom) that one of my newly loaded system files was corrupt. But I soon found that my problem had not been solved by this. I have also had further problems with surfing and I wonder if there nay be a connection of this new fault to the original faults outlined. New message is " Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module URLMON.DLL at 0177:77065552

Graham ® 19:34 16 May 04

Sounds like Explorer may be at the root of your problems. Did you do a fresh instal of 98?

Graham ® 19:41 16 May 04

See this to update IE click here

woodchip 20:03 16 May 04

First put your Win98se disc in comp stop it loading, then go to Start\Run type SFC and run the program to look for corrupt files

newearwax 20:13 16 May 04

Graham: yes I did fresh install od Win 98. I havw reverted to IE and OEc 5 when I did reformat as I thought may be the problem had arisen through changing to IE/OEx 6. I was workong on adage ; if it ain;t broke, don't fix it.

Woosdchip: See my previous postings. I had used sfrc and corrected a corrupt system filw.folder. I tied it again when error message re urlmonm appeared but nothing advsesrse wasd found.

woodchip 20:15 16 May 04

You may have a faulty Motherboard, But the first thing to try are new Keyboard and Mouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…