keyboard not working

ICF 10:04 10 Jun 06

What would cause the keyboard not to work on my pc.I've tried another keyboard & it's not USB.

€dstowe 10:09 10 Jun 06

You don't say if the alternative keyboard worked.

If it didn't then it's a fault with the PS2 port - most likely irreparable.

ICF 10:10 10 Jun 06

No both keyboards don't work

spuds 10:26 10 Jun 06

There are a number of reasons that a keyboard may not work, and you haven't given any clear indications as to any possible events. What type of keyboard are you using, is it the same type as the substitute keyboard. Doe's it have drivers. Is the keyboard showing in control panel?.

Give a few more clues, then someone may have the answer.

Stuartli 10:31 10 Jun 06

Try Deleting the keyboard in Device Manager and then rebooting.

Windows should Find New Hardware and reinstall the keyboard driver.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:06 10 Jun 06

What would cause the keyboard not to work on my pc

Unplugging / plugging in the keyboard while PC is switch on, cause motherboard PS2 fuse to blow (not repairable)

Does the keyboard work during boot up try to get into BIOS?

If ok during boot but no good in windows then a driver problem.

ICF 11:06 10 Jun 06

Sorry for the lack of info.
My computer would not boot up so I decided to do a re-install I put in the xp disk but the keyboard won't respond.I can't get onto the bios because pressing the delete key has not effect and when it asks me to press any key for CD booting nothing happens.

ICF 19:14 20 Jun 06

On Saturday 17th June I requested RMA no from Ebuyer for my motherboard.I got a reply same day so I sent it back Monday 19th June.Today Tuesday 20th I got a refund the ps/2 socket was faulty.Could you as for better customer service?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…