keyboard not typing correctly

nonowtatall 19:36 04 Dec 08

just bought a new keyboard and it is not typng the correct letters when i type the AT sign a another symbal appears also other thigs are not typing right

iqs 19:45 04 Dec 08

Go into control panel,then regional setting.Make sure all the setting including the keyboard layout are set for the UK.

iqs 19:48 04 Dec 08

forgot to mention,when selecting the keyboard layout,you need to remove the US entry,lust leave UK.

nonowtatall 20:24 04 Dec 08

i am on windows xp pro i tried that but nothing happend is that not for changind the way the date etc is put in there is nothng about keyboard layout

tullie 20:38 04 Dec 08

There are three different tabs you have to click from memory to change everything to uk.

iqs 20:46 04 Dec 08

control panel,regional and language options,language tab,details,default input language should be English UK,under installed services remove the US keyboard,just leave the UK option

nonowtatall 20:46 04 Dec 08

what memory and tabs

iqs 20:48 04 Dec 08

regional options tab(first tab top left) should all state UK

tullie 21:44 04 Dec 08

Err,from my memory

birdface 10:25 05 Dec 08

Try following this. Regional & language options.English Uk in both dropdown boxes.Then into Languages.Details,English Uk in the dropdown box and in the large box.In the large box if it also gives you English US Remove the US Version.

natdoor 10:57 05 Dec 08

It is being assumed that the problem lies with the keyboard interpretation setting in inthe OS. This is probably correct but many keyboards sold here are US versions. If nonowtatall had a UK keyboard and now has a US version, he would need to change the seting to US.

On a UK keyboard the parenthesis (") is with number 2, while on a UK one the @ symbol is there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now