Keyboard not gitting power

chandrasekhar 05:57 13 Dec 05

Hai All.I am facing the problem with my PC.when i am trying to switch on power key board is not getting power because of this PC is not booting,but the same time mouse is getting power.Out of 10-15 tries once it is getting power(keyboard).
My PC is connected through UPS.
So any one can help me out from this problem

BB[big brother] 06:11 13 Dec 05

very often its the case of key board not properly connected to CPU.if u have an extra slot try it there.

chandrasekhar 06:34 13 Dec 05

Dear BB,

I don't have any extra ps/2 slot for keyboard.
I removed the connection and again i reconnected it back,still no use.

PaulB2005 07:34 13 Dec 05

Try a new keyboard? Borrow one if you have to.

Gongoozler 07:56 13 Dec 05

This could be due to a faulty keyboard, a faulty keyboard chip on the motherboard or a damaged file in Windows. As PaulB2005, the easiest thing to try first is replacing a keyboard. If you can't borrow one, you could get a cheap £5 just to try. If the problem is with Windows, then you should get an error message. Let us know if that is the case. If the problem turns out to be in the motherboard, then the cheapest solution is probably to get a USB keyboard such as this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…