keyboard and mouse not working

jeanette12 00:55 28 Nov 07

Hi my sister inlaw bought a acer laptop about 11 months ago and it is not under warranty as she bought it in the USA and not covered in europe. She thinks the keyboard and mouse as gone on it. Her son was on msn and logged off when she came to use it the next day the mouse and keyboard wont work she as tried using a usb one but that wont work either any help would be gratful ty

birdface 01:16 28 Nov 07

Try running it in safe mode.Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts,And if the keyboard works try last good configuration.

birdface 01:49 28 Nov 07

Sorry was not thinking,if you cant use the keyboard you can't press F8.I take it that means you can't start the computer at all.Now you can try this.Take the battery off.Disconnect the electric plug from the computer.press the start the start button and keep it pressed for 10 seconds.then connect the battery and then the electric plug and try starting the computer again.Now the odds are not with you.I only know of 1 person that it has worked for.But you never know.

ambra4 07:58 28 Nov 07

This seams to be a normal problem with Acer laptops, and the keyboard and mouse will work in the safe mode.

There is difference thought on fixing the problem listed below is ways you might try: -

Booting in safe mode and see if the keyboard and mouse pad works

Removing the battery and run direct from AC power

Check the keyboard cable is connected

Update the BIOS download the bios update from the Acer website

jeanette12 09:26 28 Nov 07

Ty so much will tell my sisterinlaw what 2 do and get back to ty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…