Keyboard and mouse keep freezing

numskull 09:46 03 Aug 10

Windows 7HP. Logitech wired usb mouse and keyboard.
Pointer freezes, get no response from keyboard then have to restart computer. Getting kernel power errors but I think that is simply because the computer has not been shut down properly. This doesn't happen too often probably once or twice a week but getting annoying.

northumbria61 11:02 03 Aug 10

Try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers as follows - Start - Control Panel - Device Manager - Keyboard (expand by clicking on triangle) - Right click on Device Shown - click on Update Driver Software. Do the same for your Mouse.

numskull 11:45 03 Aug 10

It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I use the Logitech drivers or not. Your suggestion tells me the drivers are up to date.

northumbria61 17:38 03 Aug 10

I suggest going to Control Panel - Mouse - Buttons Tab - slide to FAST - then Pointer Options Tab - slide to FAST and tick in "Enhance Pointer Precision"
This MAY help.

northumbria61 17:55 03 Aug 10

Kernel Power Error - you could try looking in Event Viewer to see what it says about that -

click Start - type in search Box "Event Viewer" - click on it to open - down the left hand pane expand Custom Views - then click on Administrative Events - you should then see this screen - click here

this should provide you with a "Event ID and Task Category number which may give us more information.

northumbria61 17:58 03 Aug 10

The DETAILS of the error are shown also which does refer to what you described as "simply because the computer has not been shut down properly"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009