keyboard & mouse inoperative! im baffled!

nodger 10:56 19 Apr 04

for sometime my keyboard just will not work on bootup,(although it occasionaly does!), I have tried different keyboards (all bog standard ps2 affairs,nothing flash) ive tried reinstalling and rolling back drivers,ive tested cables, the only thing I think it could be is the port, strangely if I shake the keyboard (usually from frustration!) the mouse then freezes, Any suggestions? I don't know how much longer I can cope wih the on screen keyboard!!

carlinglover 11:23 19 Apr 04

i recently had the same problem and it turned out to be the motherboard. there was a short by the keyboard and mouse port... so a new motherboard was in order.. not saying this is what might be wrond with yours but its worth having a close look at the motherboard... mine happened coz the kids tripped over the cable and giving it a jolt..so if ya have had a jolt then this could be the problem

NGE 11:53 19 Apr 04

try a usb keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…