Keyboard mix-up

Dobie 19:00 14 Jan 05

Help

This is driving me crazy. I am having difficulty with my keyboard. Some of the keys, when depressed, are not giving the correct result. For instance, when i try to get the @ symbol, it comes out as some thing else. HELP

Linda

VoG II 19:01 14 Jan 05

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.

Make sure everything is set to English (UK).

Jackcoms 19:02 14 Jan 05

Check that your system and keyboard settings are both set for English (UK).

Technotiger 19:04 14 Jan 05

Hi, you need to go to Start>ControlPanel>Keyboard and check settings - also in Control Panel go to Regional&Language - make sure all settings are put to English(UK)

Cheers.

FelixTCat 19:04 14 Jan 05

Go to My Computer - Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.

Make sure that your system is set to Eglish (United Kingdom) and Location is set to United Kingdom. Different country set-ups have different keyboard layouts

FelixTCat 19:05 14 Jan 05

Go to My Computer - Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.

Make sure that your system is set to English (United Kingdom) and Location is set to United Kingdom. Different country set-ups have different keyboard layouts

Technotiger 19:05 14 Jan 05

I was a bit slow on the trigger :-))

Dobie 19:05 14 Jan 05

Sorry guys, tried all this

VoG II 19:11 14 Jan 05

Press ALT + SHIFT keys simultaneously. Sometimes works.

Technotiger 19:19 14 Jan 05

When you say 'some of the keys' which other keys are affected?

these keys should be together on an English setup -

" and 2
@ and '
£ and 3
& and 7

are yours anything like this.

Belatucadrus 19:19 14 Jan 05

Selecting English UK in regional options isn't enough, you also need to go through Regional and Language options / Languages tab / Details button. This open the Text services and Input Languages window, check that 'English United Kingdom UK' is listed in the default input and the installed services window. If not use 'ADD' to put it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…