keyboard locking on new laptop and it's replacement. Is it me?

yorkiegal 21:51 10 Feb 12

Last week I bought an HP Pavilion G6 laptop. From the start the keypad kept locking and I was unable to type any text either online or even in the start page /help section etc. The text size also keeps changing as I type, although that might be because my hand rests slightly on the mousepad as I type. It's difficult not to do so due to the location. The cursor also keeps sticking for ages. When it locks I can't type any letters or numbers but the function keys at the top still work.

I took the laptop back to Curry's today and exchanged it for one of the same. I'm having the exact same problems with my replacement.

yorkiegal 22:05 10 Feb 12

apologies, meant to say trackpad not mousepad, though I'm sure you all knew what I meant by it. :)

rdave13 22:06 10 Feb 12

Take the laptop back to Curries and explain the problem and ask them to use the laptop and see if the problem re-occurs again. It might be a design fault especially as HP favour these small 'light' touch switches that you might not be aware of. I've found PC World/Curries staff very helpful especially if they are aware you know something about PCs.

yorkiegal 22:41 10 Feb 12

thanks Dave. I've just found the HP forum and there are a multitude of posts there from people experiencing the same problem so it does look like a design fault. So annoying, especially having to trek back to Curry's in the snow again lol. Hopefully it will be third time lucky but I'm going to choose a different model this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now