keyboard layout

Sam F 14:10 17 May 04

I'm using a Compaq Armada M700 notebook. The layout of the keys is slightly different to a standard keyboard. I have the keyboard set up to use the British layout as I tend to use the £ and euro symbols alot. This means that things like the @ and * symbols are not where they say they should be on the keyboard. This isn't a big problem as I can find them if I need to but for some reason I can't find the \ (backslash) symbol anywhere ? If I change to the United States layout I can't find the £ or euro symbols? Is there a solution to this other than having to switch between keyboard layouts?

Old Shep 14:32 17 May 04

Is this any good click here

Sam F 16:23 17 May 04

Looks ideal but says it won't work on win98 ?

canard 18:13 17 May 04

start-settings-control panel-regional settings and select enclish uk from the deop doown menu.

Sam F 20:08 17 May 04

english (british) I'm using win98, already selected.

Pesala 20:26 17 May 04

The quickest way may be to try again systematically pressing every single key with and without shift, then with Control + Alter

¦€éúíóá

Valvegrid 20:36 17 May 04

You could use the character map in System Tools, but probably a bit long winded for touch typing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…