keyboard keys transposed

  Flynavy 23:07 24 Apr 08

I have just connected a new keyboard to an Acer desktop pc and the @ key types " whilst the " delivers an @. Surely these can be changed somehow or have I loaded the wrong language for the keyboard.

  Ditch999 23:11 24 Apr 08

Wrong language settings - I think its USA. Need to change your system settings to UK

  johnnyrocker 23:11 24 Apr 08

check language settings as they may be US english?


  Technotiger 23:11 24 Apr 08

Yes, on the button! Go to Control Panel>Keyboard and make sure English is selected, also in Control Panel>Regional and Languages.

  Ditch999 23:13 24 Apr 08

You dont say what OS. In XP its done through Control Panel then Date, Time, Language & Regional Options. Set all to UK.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:13 24 Apr 08

Start - settings - control panel - regional settings and languages - set Everything to English UK.

you may need to log out or reboot for the changes to take place.

  lotvic 23:14 24 Apr 08

In Control Panel, Regional and Languages Options, Languages tab, click the Details button and make sure the keyboard is set to United Kingdom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced