Keyboard key’s numerical value

Mysticnas 19:27 27 May 03

Hiya i'm trying to find the keyboard key’s numerical values, and not the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) value incase someone gets confused.

does anyone know where i can find this??

i know that Q = 12

W = 13

A = 0

S = 1

can anyone help please???

Thanks in advance..

Nas

BurrWalnut 19:35 27 May 03

I don't know what you mean but using progressions I would guess E is 14 and D is 2- therefore the rest of them can be determined.

Mysticnas 19:51 27 May 03

thanks for the reply BurrWalnut, i programming some stuff and i need to tell the program what key i've pressed, but it uses they key's numerical value.

but i can't seem to find anywhere that tells you the keybaord layout of the numerical values.

Ironman556 19:58 27 May 03

What BurrWalnut has said makes sense to me.

Have you tried google?

Mysticnas 20:07 27 May 03

i think burrWalnut is only considering the apha keys. all the keys on the keyboard need to be taken into account, this is where i get confused, if Q = 12, W= 13, A = 0 and S = 1 then what do keys like Z = ? or SpaceBar = ? etc...

do you get my drift? it's kinda confusing. I'm continuing my search on google.

keith-236785 20:08 27 May 03

not sure about this, i was thinking it might be the ASSCI codes you were after but in the table 12 is not Q

look click here and see if this is what you are wanting, if not sorry for wasting your time....

if its not what you want, post back with exactly what you are looking for

jojo_1 20:09 27 May 03
  keith-236785 20:10 27 May 03

just ignore that last post mate, i just read your post again and saw you didnt mean this,sorry

good luck

jazzypop 20:12 27 May 03

If you are referring to scan codes, you need to be aware that there are differences between different countries (US vs UK vs French, etc), and also between brands.

See click here and click here to get you started.

If it is only for your own use, search Google for a program that will let you trap your keyboard's scan codes.

Mysticnas 20:18 27 May 03

hey thanks for all the help guys, i'm still trying to find out about this code.

Mysticnas 20:47 27 May 03

found it!!! woo hoo!!!

click here

thanks all for trying!!!

Nas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…