keyboard keys

casper69 10:00 02 Dec 10

Hi all

my keyboard settings have some keys swapped over like where the @ symbol is now at pressing shift and the 2 key and also the hash key cant be accessed, a friend said its similar to a mac keyboard any ideas how to change that?

Woolwell 10:18 02 Dec 10

Firstly enter control panel and check that your language is set correctly for your country.
It would be helpful to know which OS.

chub_tor 10:22 02 Dec 10

Here is a guide for XP and Vista which will also work in Windows 7 click here

blodgett 10:25 02 Dec 10

I think you will find that the keyboard setting is for the US. I have copied the info below from XP Help and Support after inputting Keyboard Settings. in search box :-
To customize key sequences for input languages
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Key Settings.
In the Advanced Key Settings dialog box, under Hot keys for input languages, click the action for which you want to change the key sequence, and then click Change Key Sequence.
If necessary, select the check box to enable an action, and then click the key sequence you want to use.
Click OK four times.
Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
The Key Settings button is available only if you have added multiple languages or keyboard layouts.

casper69 11:02 02 Dec 10

cheers guys all sorted now

thanks

Jwbjnwolf 12:52 02 Dec 10

Does anyone know the best way of fixing a keybourd key
My sister took a hole lot out and managed to put them back in but one poped back out and has snapped a little so it will not stay in.

Jwbjnwolf 12:52 02 Dec 10

Does anyone know the best way of fixing a keybourd key
My sister took a hole lot out and managed to put them back in but one poped back out and has snapped a little so it will not stay in.

tullie 12:59 02 Dec 10

You would be better with your own thread,rather than hijack this one

Jwbjnwolf 13:42 02 Dec 10

sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac