Keyboard Issues - Can you Assist

Polopaul69™ 22:36 28 Jan 06

Again i find my saturday night filled with trying to fix friends pc's - annoying as i just can't say no.

The problem is, is that her pc keyboard input doesn't seem to be working, and i am just wondering if the bit on the mobo can be replaced, or is it just easier and cheaper for her to buy a USB keyboard.

For some reason, whenever the pc is booted up, it runs for a minute, then for some strange reason crashes. I took the keyboard out, re-booted, and now it doesn't crash. To be sure i re-connected it - crash. Has anyone else seen this strange thing happen.

Let us know.

Cheers again !!

rdave13 22:41 28 Jan 06

Sure that the keyboard hasn't been washed with an inadverdant liquid?

Have you tried another keyboard?

Polopaul69™ 22:44 28 Jan 06

Yup, tried another keyboard - still doesn't work. The first keyboard i tried is the one i am now typing on, so i know it works fine. Just for some reason not in hers, and why its causing it to crash i don't know.

rdave13 22:51 28 Jan 06

Go to control panel-printers and other hardware-keyboard-click on hardware tab-properties and see if the hardware is working properly. If not click troubleshoot.

007al 22:54 28 Jan 06

You could try uninstalling it in Device Manager,to see if it works when it loads up again.

Polopaul69™ 23:05 28 Jan 06

Not found in control panel, device manager or anywhere.

rdave13 23:36 28 Jan 06

Go for a usb keyboard, sounds like a physical fault on the ps2 connector.

Skyver 23:57 28 Jan 06

Does it access the BIOS with the original keyboard? Any problems running in Safe mode with same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…