Keyboard irregularity

geoff47 00:26 29 Oct 04

I use Roughdraft and Word ...Today while using Word I found my Punctuation marks were not showing correctly " funny it works here.I went to control panel and re checked it was an English (British) keyboard.
It works OK in Roughdraft but is still giving me a or similar (actually that doubled) but closer and smaller.
what is the solution ....does anybody out there have a clue?
Thanks Geoff47

Djohn 00:50 29 Oct 04

In Word, go to tools/Auto correct options/Auto format tab and see if there is a tick in the box. "Straight quotes with smart quotes" Remove the tick or replace as necessary, see if that helps.

geoff47 02:02 29 Oct 04

You rescue me again....thanks.That did the trick.

While Im here...I made a flier with three columns on landscape A4...now everytime I open word it is set up with three columns.
What do I do to reset to regular full page?
I can alter it ....but everytime?
Thanks again.
Geoff47

Djohn 02:34 29 Oct 04

Your welcome :o)

In Word go to format/Columns and click on "One Column" then OK. Now go to file/Page setup/click on Portrait and the important bit now is to click on the "Default" button at the lower left of dialogue box, not the "OK" button, click "Yes" to the question asked.

This will set your default documents back to portrait mode - 1 column for all future use until you wish to change them again for any reason.

If you want to change just for the one work job then just use the "OK" button, and it will revert back to default settings for all other documents.

I usually set my margins to how I want them for the majority of my work and click on "Default" then for the odd letter or document that needs a different setting, I alter the margins or page layout but just click on "OK". This way after the job is finished all my settings revert back to how they should be for the majority of my work.

Regards. dj.

geoff47 18:06 29 Oct 04

Thanks Djohn ...
Did as you said ....and it worked...again.
I had problems every time until I checked default on all tabs in page set up....thanks again.
Geoff47

Djohn 18:10 29 Oct 04

:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…