Keyboard input not working in desktop but does in bios

Humanthefinn 23:25 03 Nov 14

Hello, my keyboard input is not working. I've tried with different keyboards in different usb ports. The keyboard works with my other computer. At first I went into my device manager and ended up deleting the upperfilter. That did not fix the problem. the backlights of the keyboard are on as well. The keyboard works in the bios but not desktop.

robintheumpteenth 00:14 04 Nov 14

Uninstall (right-click) the keyboard(s) with drivers from device manager and reboot. The drivers will be re-installed.

You can use the On-screen Keyboard as emergency in meantime till definitely fixed.

It's in the Ease of Access Center.

Or copy and paste this text osk.exe from here to a search box on your computer to run it.

Humanthefinn 00:34 04 Nov 14

ive already tried that, it didn't work.

robintheumpteenth 01:07 04 Nov 14

Try a System Restore to before the problem.

Why did you delete the UpperFilter by the way?

Humanthefinn 01:25 04 Nov 14

already did, didn't work, and I followed a tut from an error 19 from my keyboard drivers in my device manager

robintheumpteenth 01:34 04 Nov 14

Sorry, dunno then. Some ideas (from Googling) suggest a Repair Install or whatever. But I'm not sure. Mebbe it's a hardware fault.

Try downloading your latest specific keyboard drivers from manufacturers website/Support and Downloads.

Otherwise maybe someone else will suggest some ideas.

What make and model is your computer? Which Windows do you have?

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't help more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…