Keyboard Identification

Peterdoubt 07:59 01 Oct 07

OS Windows XP Home
Several months ago I replaced a Logitec 'easy internet access' keyboard with a Microsoft Wired keyboard model RT2300. Before connecting the new k/board, I un-installed the Logitech software. There were no problems until about 2 weeks ago, following the installation of a new motherboard (fitted by PC World engineer under my cover plan). Although the MS keyboard operates correctly, every time I boot up, I'm asked to instal a driver for the Logitech k/board. The driver is still available via C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and if I click 'OK' to instal it, Device Manager identifies the keyboard as 'easy internet access'; alternatively, if I click 'cancel', D Manager says the Keyboard is 'unknown device'. Either way, the current k/board functions correctly! Any ideas?

birdface 08:49 01 Oct 07

How about deleting the driver and reboot.Microsoft will replace it.It may just need up-dating.

Peterdoubt 13:22 01 Oct 07

Hi Buteman, deleting driver didn't work - keyboard and mouse became inoperable! I rescued the driver from recycle bin, followed instructions to install and now have mouse and keyboard working but Device Manager still identifies the keyboard as Logitech Easy Internet K/B

Peterdoubt 13:29 01 Oct 07

Hi Marg7, As per my comments to Buteman, the K/Board is identified as Logitech Easy Internet. Will try your suggestion anad keep my fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…